Tuesday, August 19, 2008

And what's so bad about waffling?

Seriously, they're delicious. I don't get the negativity. I mean, sure, maybe I wanted tortellini when I did my weekly meal plan, and then, on the way home, I decided "ya know what, I don't want tortellini, I want waffles!" Nothing wrong with that.

And part of the problem is that these waffles are just too damn delicious. Look at the name, it says it all. I originally found this recipe on the FoodTV website, and made one or two tweaks that make them our favorite waffles of all time. My only advice, make a double batch. You'll want more. And if you do end up with leftovers, freeze them, pop them in the toaster the next day and relive the glory.

Waffles of Insane Greatness

This link takes you to the original recipe, but if you want perfection, try them as they are made at our house.

1/4 cup corn starch
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Put your dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, use a whisk to mix them together. Add the wet ingredients and let sit for 15 minutes.

Make waffles according to your waffle iron manufacturer's instructions. And enjoy.

Top with butter and syrup. Real maple syrup, or what's the point. Or try jam. That's good too.

No comments: